The Richard Wagner Society Committee, at its February meeting, committed to support the role of Elsa in Melbourne Opera’s new production of Lohengrin to be performed in August (7, 9 and 10 at the Regent Theatre and 19 at Robert Blackwood Hall, Monash University).
Melbourne Opera has just opened its ticketing for these performances.
RWS members can purchase premium tickets at reduced prices ($135, instead of $150) for the 2017 Melbourne Opera Lohengrin performances by entering the special code ELSA (all in capitals) during booking.
A. Outlined below are the steps required to purchase tickets;
1. Go to the Ticketmaster Lohengrin booking page, press control and click on the link http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/artist/1141322
2. Select a date : click on the blue ‘see tickets’ box for date
3. Click on ‘set your price’. This gives you 4 price options. At the top under Price (AU $) click on ‘clear all’ then go to ‘offer code’ next to ‘set your price’ and type in ELSA (in caps), then click the tick sign next to ELSA. A ‘verifying’ sign comes on and then a small box comes up saying ‘Wagner Society Offer with a tick beside it saying ‘Offer code accepted’ in green.
4. Choose your seat using seating plan by running cursor over a blue dot (vacant seat) and click.
5. Buy your seat by clicking on “Buy tickets”. This will take you to a box “I am not a robot”, click on this.
6. Delivery method: click on “print at home” and then complete payment.
B: Alternatively you can purchase your tickets at any Ticketmaster office.
Following the huge critical and public success of 2016’s “Tannhauser”, Melbourne Opera is excited to present Richard Wagner’s magnificent Romantic opera “Lohengrin” at the beautiful Regent Theatre.
After his outstanding performance as Tannhauser, international Wagnerian tenor Marius Vlad returns to star as Lohengrin, the mysterious Knight of the Grail.
Melbourne born dramatic soprano Helena Dix, currently appearing at the Met, makes her Melbourne debut as Elsa von Brabant, and is joined by Sarah Sweeting as the evil Ortrud . Icelandic heldenbaritone Hrolfur Saemundsson makes his Australian debut as Telramund.
The 60 strong Melbourne Opera Chorus and 70 piece Melbourne Opera Orchestra are conducted by David Kram and Greg Hocking. The new production is directed by Suzanne Chaundy, whose production of “Tannhauser” was such a success.
“Lohengrin” contains some of Wagner’s most famous arias and stirring ensembles, including the famous Wedding Chorus, Overture and Prelude to Act 3, and Lohengrin’s moving In fernem land and Mein lieber Schwann. The opera will be sung in German with English subtitles.
Post expires at 23:59 on Saturday 19 August 2017
536total visits,2visits today