By submitting an online membership subscription or by submitting a paper-based application form, you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
You also agree to be bound by the Society’s Rules which can be viewed here: The Rules
These terms and conditions apply to:
- New Memberships.
- Membership Renewals.
- Gift Memberships.
Principal Purpose of the Society
The principal purpose of the Society is:
The promotion of the music of Richard Wagner in Australia.
In order to achieve its principal purpose, the Society will carry out the following activities:
- Encourage the presentation of the music of Richard Wagner in Australia;
- Increase the knowledge and appreciation of the life and works of Richard Wagner and his contemporaries;
- Encourage and assist singers and musicians who display interest in and ability or potential ability to perform the music of Richard Wagner;
- Arrange lectures, concerts, social gatherings, film and record evenings and to engage in any other activities which may promote interest in and understanding of Richard Wagner and his works; and
- Raise funds for or in connection with any of the foregoing.
Who is Eligible to be a Member?
Any person who supports the purposes of the Society is eligible for membership.
Application for Membership
Applications for membership may be made in such manner as the Committee may from time to time approve.
The Society currently offers two choices for new memberships, membership renewals, or gift memberships:
- Online Payment.
- Paper Form and Payment by Cheque or Money Order.
Consideration of Application for Membership
- Applications for new memberships, membership renewals, or gift memberships are subject to the approval of the Committee.
- We will notify you in writing of the Committee’s decision as soon as practicable after the decision is made.
- Should the Committee reject an application, the Treasurer will return any money accompanying the application to you.
- No reason need be given for the rejection of an application.
- The subscriptions payable by members, the periods in respect of which they are payable and the due date for payment shall be fixed by the Committee from time to time.
- If a new member joins after the start of a financial year, then:
(a) if the member joins in the first 9 months of the financial year the membership start date is back-dated to the start of the current financial year; but
(b) if the member joins in the last 3 months of the financial year the membership start date is forward-dated to the start of the next financial year.
- A member who fails to pay the appropriate subscription within 3 months of the due date shall cease to be a member on the expiry of that period but may, if the Committee so decides from time to time, be entitled to receive until the expiration of a period fixed by the Committee notices of meetings of and of events arranged by the Society.
Rights Not Transferable
The rights of a member are not transferable and end when membership ceases.
The membership of a person ceases on resignation, expulsion or death.
Resigning as a Member
- A member may resign by notice in writing given to the Society.
- A member is taken to have resigned if—
(a) the member’s annual subscription is more than 3 months in arrears; or
(b) where no annual subscription is payable—
(i) the Secretary has made a written request to the member to confirm that he or she wishes to remain a member; and
(ii) the member has not, within 3 months after receiving that request, confirmed in writing that he or she wishes to remain a member.
635total visits,1visits today